Lincoln Dental Insurance Coverage
As part of the ongoing efforts of our team to help patients receive the dental care they need at a price they can afford, we are happy to accept dental insurance coverage. Our knowledgeable team members will be happy to process and file claims for the majority of PPO dental insurance providers, so you don’t have to worry about handling this paperwork yourself or wonder whether or not you’ll receive coverage. Dedicated to staying up to date, our team members do their best to stay aware of coverage changes and updates, so our patients don’t need to worry about it. Simply put, we’re here to take the stress out of dental insurance for our patients. Want to learn more about dental insurance coverage or schedule an appointment with our team? Call Smile Specialties to schedule your first visit in our Lincoln dentistry practice. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Have you been staring at your insurance policy struggling to make heads or tails of what it says? Below are some basic terms you should know to make it easier to understand your benefit plan, but remember, our team is happy to help you with questions.
- Premiums – the monthly payment required to receive insurance coverage
- Maximums – the highest amount your insurer will pay within a plan year for your dental care, typically between $1000 and $1500 for individuals
- Maximum treatment cost – the highest amount your insurer will cover for a specific treatment
- Coverage percentage – the portion of treatment costs your insurer pays
- Out of pocket percentage – the portion of treatment costs you’re responsible for
Commonly Covered Dental Services
Every dental insurance plan is different, but the majority of patients will receive coverage for the following treatments:
- Preventive dentistry services like checkups and teeth cleanings are covered 80 to 100%
- Restorative dentistry treatments like fillings, crowns, and tooth replacement options are covered 50 to 80%
- Orthodontics if they are elected as part of your plan typically receive 20 to 70% coverage
- Miscellaneous services like mouthguards and dental sedation may receive coverage from some plans, but this coverage can vary dramatically
Tips to Maximize Dental Benefits
To make the most of your dental insurance benefits, keep the following in mind:
- Communicate clearly with our team about your insurance coverage, and please ask us if something doesn’t sound right. We’ll be happy to review the policy to make sure you’re getting the coverage you deserve.
- Take good care of your smile at home and visit our office every six months to keep your smile whole and healthy.
- Request preapproval before beginning an advanced dentistry plan.
- Know your plan’s annual maximum and talk to us about how best to utilize your coverage each year.
In-Network VS Out of Network Dental Care
PPO insurance plans, such as those we accept in our office, do not limit patients to just a specific network of dental care providers. Instead, you have the flexibility to choose the dentistry practice that’s right for you. Your dentist has the option to choose whether or not to enter an insurer’s network. When your dentist joins a plan’s network, they have standing contracts that ensure the prices they charge are in-line with the fair costs set by the insurer, and patients only need to pay their out of pocket percentage of treatment costs. Out of network dentists may not always know the insurance provider’s fair pricing, so they could charge fees outside of this price range. If their fees are higher, you may need to pay the difference in pricing. We do our best to keep our costs within the average range for our area, and patients covered by out of network insurance plans rarely see more than a few extra dollars on their bill. For your convenience, we offer in-network coverage for the following insurers: